Toyota Land Cruiser Windshield Wiper Systems
Windshield wiper systems help clean and remove snow, water, mud, dust, or bugs that hit your car while you drive down the road. Often, these visibility impairments may cause an accident if they are not easily removed. When purchasing new wiper blades for your Toyota Land Cruiser, its important to find the right wiper size and type for your windows.When should you change or check windshield wiper blades?
Over time, using wiper blades and exposure to the elements may wear the rubber portion of the blades down. This will cause the rubber to completely come off the end portion of the blade itself, providing an inadequate performance of the wiper blade. When you notice signs of the wiper blade peeling off of the metal arm, purchase a new set. You may also choose to change or check your wiper blades at the beginning of each season to ensure theyve got a good grip on the metal arm.What sizes of windshield wipers fit a Toyota Land Cruiser?
Toyota Land Cruiser windshield wipers for both the front and back may vary greatly in size for each model year. If you place windshield wipers that are improperly sized, the wiping system of your Toyota may leave less visibility or not work altogether. Below are listed a selection of the Toyota Land Cruiser blade sizes for each year.
- 2008-2017: 24 inches steering side, 22 inches rider side, and 12 inches rear
- 2000-2007: 24 inches steering side, 22 inches rider side, and 16 inches rear
- 1998 -1999: 20 inches steering side, 20 inches rider side, and 16 inches rear
- 1993-1997: 18 inches steering side, 18 inches rider side, and 16 inches rear
Changing windshield blades is different for some types of vehicles. The Land Cruiser windshield wipers, in particular, have a small hook that is inserted into the wiper blade and then latched into place. To easily replace Land Cruiser wiper blades on your own:
- Purchase a set of new windshield blades that fit the year of your Toyota vehicle.
- Position the wiper blades so that they are pointed vertically, allowing you easier access to the blades for changing.
- Pull the windshield wiper blades outward and away from the windshield.
- Remove the old wiper blades by lifting the small latch and sliding the wiper blade off the hook.
- Connect your new wiper blades to the windshield blade arm by sliding the blade over the arm hook until you hear it click.