Mercedes-Benz SL500 Turn Signals
The Mercedes-Benz SL500 is a luxury two-door sports car that entered the market in 1986. Since 1986, it has received several upgrades to continually showcase modern advances in luxury cars for its time. Mercedes-Benz SL-Class turn signals are no different, providing both a vital role in safe vehicle operation as well as contributing to the luxury styling of the rear profile.What benefits do LED bulbs provide?
- The amount of energy required by an LED bulb to function is very low. Both the Mercedes-Benz car battery and alternator will benefit from this feature.
- LED bulbs have tens of thousands of hours of burn time. It is very likely that once an LED is installed, it will not have to be changed for the lifetime of the Mercedes-Benz.
- The light produced by most LEDs fall into the color spectrum of cool white. This type of light provides highly visible illumination and turn signal usage.
- LED bulbs turn up to full brightness immediately. This instant and steady stream of light makes turn signals stand out and get noticed quickly by other drivers.
- Halogen bulbs are the industry standard for many vehicle lights and are readily available in several different sizes. Whatever model year your Mercedes-Benz SL500, you will be able to find the bulbs that fit your turn signals.
- Halogen bulbs are easy to install and require no modifications to vehicle electrical systems.
- There are several different kinds of halogen bulbs available. They are available with special coatings that counterbalance the natural yellow tint to provide bright white light.
Although a cracked cover lens may just seem like an aesthetic issue, it is more than this. The cover lens is what protects the internal lighting elements from debris and moisture. Even a small crack may allow moisture into the turn signal assembly, which could result in corroded electrical components and ultimately render the turn signal inoperable. Replace your Mercedes-Benz SL500 turn signal cover lens as soon as you notice a crack to prevent having to do a larger repair and replacement later.What is the difference between red and amber turn signals?
Both red and amber turn signals are available for the Mercedes SL500, and each has desirable features depending on your own personal preferences. Red turn signals are an aesthetic preference for some Mercedes-Benz drivers who wish to minimize the lighting colors to white and red on their rear lighting assembly. Red turn signals are compliant with safe operating vehicle regulations. Amber turn signals are compliant both in the U.S. and internationally and are the stock option on most vehicles. Amber turn signals contrast with the red and white lighting found elsewhere on the SL500 when they are in use and command attention from drivers and pedestrians.