Let Your Game Come to Life with a Powerful Performance PC Gaming Tower
With the wide array of thriving PC games topping the charts, gaming PC towers are more mainstream than ever. A gaming tower holds the guts of a computer and hooks to a monitor and peripherals like keyboard and mouse. Look on eBay for gaming PC cheap components and either build or buy a rig that can serve your high-performance gaming needs.How do PC gaming towers differ from other PC towers?
When it comes to PC gaming towers, there are a lot of bells and whistles available. They can be flashy with colorful lights or simple and clean. The fancier towers are often uniquely lit, fanciful, or even alien in appearance for a high-tech vibe that makes a gaming rig look slick and sleek. But the core difference is in the guts of the tower, and it is specifically in the graphics cards or discrete GPU. A gaming PC quite simply differs by having a higher-end graphics card.What are terms to know about gaming PC tower cases?
These main terms fall into two categories. One is the form factors ATX, Micro-ATX, and Mini-ITX, which pertain to the various sizes of motherboards the cases can host. The other is the shape and size of the case itself, from SFF to the types of basic upright towers:
- ATX: These boards are 12 by 9.6 inches in size.
- Micro-ATX: These boards measure up to a size of 9.6 by 9.6 inches but are sometimes found in smaller dimensions.
- Mini-ITX: These motherboards are 6.7 square inches.
- SFF: SFF stands for small form factor and refers to compact cases that can be flat or tall.
- Desktop: In this context, desktop refers to the type of tower that is horizontal and generally is designed to have a monitor rest upon it.
- Full towers, mid-towers, and mini-towers: These are the varying sizes of conventional vertical gaming tower PC cases. They lack specific dimensions but are more casually used to identify various case types using ballpark figures for the sizes.
The parts that go into a basic gaming computer tower are the case itself, which comes in a variety of sizes and shapes, the motherboard, also available in various sizes to give more power or more frugality, a processor, powerful graphics cards, storage, memory, and a cooler to keep things from overheating. If you want to get more extravagant, consider custom paint jobs, RGB lighting, decals, and cable management.