Taillights for Jaguar S-Type
Protect your interests and do a service to other drivers by making sure that the taillights in your Jaguar S-Type are in working order. With options for many different models and years, it’s easy to find the right replacement taillights for Jaguar S-Type vehicles. Just take a look through this collection of parts to find the model of taillights that accentuate the smooth curves and subtle power of your S-Type.What kinds of taillights are there for the Jaguar S-Type?
The two types of taillight models often used on the Jaguar S-Type are incandescent bulbs and LEDs.
- Incandescent bulbs: Incandescent bulbs consist of a metallic filament contained in a glass housing and last between 1,000 and 2,000 hours. When the filament is electrified, it emits a brilliant glow, making it easy to spot your car.
- LED bulbs: LEDs are comprised of various semiconductor materials such as gallium arsenide and gallium phosphide. This lighting technology is small and energy efficient; it also stays cool while in operation. Each LED diode is rated to last 50,000 hours, which is the equivalent of leaving the light running continuously for 5.7 years.
When upgrading to LED technology or replacing an existing lens, it’s often necessary to replace the taillight assemblies in your Jaguar S-Type. Replacing these critical components is easy and takes about an hour to complete. It is highly recommended that both assemblies be replaced at the same time. The general procedure goes as follows:
- Turn off your cars engine, disconnect the negative battery terminal, and open the trunk.
- Pick a side to start with and pull back the trunk lining to expose the taillight assembly.
- Remove the three bolts securing the assembly to the vehicle and wiggle the assembly out of the cavity.
- Disconnect the electrical harness and discard the old light assembly. Connect the electrical harness to the new assembly and insert it into the cavity.
- Secure the new assembly with the three bolts and replace the trunk liner. Repeat these steps for the opposite side then reconnect the negative battery terminal. Start the engine to test the taillights.
Rear light surrounds are an easy way to add flair and class to your Jaguar S-Type taillight assemblies. These metallic accessories wrap around the assemblies to give an aesthetic boost to your Jaguar model’s back end. Rear light surrounds are easy to install and are a simple way to impart an entirely new look on your S-Type taillights.What are smoked lenses for the Jaguar S-Type used for?
If you’re tired of seeing the same boring shade of red on your car, you might want to upgrade to smoked lenses. These back end upgrades make use of a lightly tinted film to darken the appearance of your taillights on the road.