Hyundai Accent Tail Lights
Be a hero to other drivers and protect your own interests at the same time by ensuring that the taillights equipped in your Hyundai Accent are functioning properly. Given the multitude of options available for every year of manufacture, finding the right lights for your Accent is simple. Just select the components that optimally fit the sleek design and multifunctional appeal of your Hyundai.What types of taillights are available for the Hyundai Accent?
The two types of technologies more commonly found in Hyundai Accent taillights are incandescent bulbs and light-emitting diodes (LEDs). Incandescent bulbs consist of a glass housing that contains a metallic filament and generally last between 1,000 and 2,000 hours. When the filament is electrified, it erupts into luminescence. Light-emitting diodes make use of various semiconductor materials such as gallium phosphide to carry a current and produce an incredibly bright glow. Not only are LEDs highly energy-efficient, but this technology also takes up very little space and stays cool while in operation. More impressively, light-emitting diodes are rated to last at least 50,000 hours which is the same as 5.7 years of continuous use.How do you replace the taillights on a Hyundai Accent?
When upgrading to LED taillight assemblies, installing smoked lenses, or dealing with a cracked lens, it’s often necessary to replace both taillight assemblies in your Accent. Replacing these parts is easy and requires a socket wrench. It’s highly recommended that both assemblies be replaced at the same time. Instructions may vary based on the model and year of manufacture.
- Turn off the engine, disconnect the negative battery terminal, and open the trunk.
- Open the taillight assembly service panel by turning the latching screw counterclockwise until it releases. Open the panel and remove the three retaining nuts with a socket wrench.
- Slide the taillight assembly out of the cavity and disconnect the electrical harness. Discard the old taillight assembly and connect the electrical harness to the new assembly.
- Insert the new taillight assembly into the cavity of your vehicle and secure the retaining nuts. Shut the service panel cover and secure it with the latching screw.
- Repeat these instructions for the opposite taillight assembly, then reconnect the negative battery terminal and start the engine to check your work.
Smoked taillights set your Accent apart from other cars on the road by imparting a unique look. These types of brake indicators make use of a lightly tinted film applied to the inside of the lens to darken the appearance of your taillights on the road. Though your brake indicators appear darker than those equipped on the rest of the herd, they still emit the same amount of light.