Buick Enclave Tail Lights
Tail lights are an essential part of your Buick Enclave and are activated whenever your headlights are in use. Although some may use the terms brake lights and tail lights interchangeably, they are two separate systems in your Buick. Understanding how your tail lights function and what types work in a Buick Enclave can help you keep your vehicle operating at peak efficiency.What types of tail lights are available for Buicks?
Buick tail lights come in three main varieties. Knowing what the different types of taillights are and how they function can help you choose the right set of lights for your Enclave. Each type of taillight has benefits to your vehicle depending on your style and needs.
- LED lights are small clusters of light diodes that combine to form the customary bright red light at the rear of all cars. LED tail lights are a good choice if you need a taillight that consumes little energy and lasts a long time.
- Halogen bulbs are common car light bulbs. Halogen bulbs are small, but they burn bright thanks to the halogen reaction that goes on whenever one of these lights is active. The gas used in halogen lights is reapplied to the filament when turned off, thus extending its life.
- Xenon lights produce an intense lamplight effect thanks to an electric arc that activates the vaporized xenon gas. Xenon tail lights are an excellent choice for any light system in a vehicle as they reach full intensity quickly, which makes driving your Buick at night easy and safe.
Aside from risking a traffic stop for a tail light that is not functioning, there are several benefits to purchasing these parts for your car.
- Tail lights allow other drivers to see the edges of your vehicle, even in the dark. They are then able to gauge the size and shape of your Buick, making it easier to pass you without damage.
- They also allow other drivers to notice your car in bad weather conditions when visibility is insufficient. The extra light from the rear of your car can ensure that other vehicles do not accidentally hit your Buick.
Once you have purchased taillights for your Buick Enclave, there are a few steps you will need to follow to install them successfully.
- Remove the wiring harness lens assembly of your taillights.
- Disconnect the bulbs from the socket of the assembly.
- Install the new taillights and reconnect the harness to the assembly.
- Once done, turn on the headlights of your car and check the rear to confirm that the taillights are functioning properly.