GMC Envoy Spoilers and Wings
Spoilers and wings are accessories that can have an impact on your GMC Envoys performance. These parts disrupt, or "spoil," the flow of air over the vehicles body, sometimes reducing lift or producing a drag effect. If you are looking to install a spoiler or wing on your GMC, you will find that you have a number of different options available.What types of spoilers are there?
There are five main types of spoilers you may install on your SUV:
- Front spoilers: Although front spoilers were originally designed to be used on race cars, they are becoming more common on a variety of vehicles and SUVs. Front spoilers reduce drag and improve fuel efficiency by blocking air from flowing under the chassis of the car.
- Lip spoilers: These spoilers are mounted to the front bumper, making the bumper look more elongated. This gives the Envoy a sleeker, more elegant look. Rear lip spoilers may also be installed on a GMC Envoy.
- Pedestal spoilers: Also known as car wings, these accessories are mounted to the trunk of the GMC. When driving at high speeds, the wings can make a vehicle more aerodynamic, improving fuel efficiency.
- Roof spoilers: These spoilers mount to the upper window part of the roof of the GMC Envoy. They are designed to withstand inclement weather and wear and tear. They are usually custom-molded to your SUV to ensure a proper fit.
- Lighted spoilers: These spoilers come with functioning LED lights. While they do not usually have an impact on the GMCs performance, they can have working running lights and brake lights. They give GMC SUVs a unique look.
Although all of the materials used to make spoilers and wings for GMC Envoys and other cars are designed to withstand wear and tear, there are some differences:
- Aluminum: This lightweight material does not add unnecessary weight to a vehicle. They also have the potential to last longer than spoilers made of other materials.
- Carbon fiber: This material is also lightweight and generally considered to be more durable than aluminum.
- ABS plastic: Spoilers made from this material are often the most commonly found.
- Silicone: This long-lasting material can be easily manipulated into a variety of shapes for your Envoy.
- Fiberglass: This material is easy to work with. It is often paired with a filling that is made from resin.
When looking for a spoiler or wing for your GMC Envoy, consider:
- Vehicle needs: You should determine whether you are looking for a spoiler in order to improve your Envoys performance. If so, this can have an influence over what type of spoiler you are looking for.
- Aesthetics: Adding a spoiler will change the appearance of your Envoy. You should consider what type of look you want your GMC Envoy to have.
- Material: If you travel regularly on the highway, you may want a spoiler made from a more durable material.
- Color: Some materials can be painted while others cannot.