What Are RCA Home Internet Media Streamers?
Having an Internet media streamer means you have instant access to numerous types of streaming content, such as apps like Netflix, audio applications like Pandora, and other types of movie services that allow you to watch various types of TV shows and movies whenever you like.
What Types of Devices Are Available?
More and more people are choosing to drop their cable subscription and enjoy the video and audio quality of an Internet media streamer at home without having to pay high monthly cable bills, in addition to enjoying other benefits. No matter what your price range might be, there are different types of these devices like portable sticks that are designed to meet all of your needs.
- A streaming stick installs easily and gives you a world of media options at your fingertips. One of these models is the Ultra, which streams in HD, HDR, and 4K video quality. The Roku Ultra offers a wireless device with multiple connectivity options to let you enjoy a variety of apps for listening to music and watching TV and movies without the cost associated with traditional monthly bills.
- Another option is the basic Roku Streaming Stick, which saves space with its portable design and allows you to plug in and view content from anywhere. It also includes a remote control.
- The Express + works well for transforming an older-model television into a new smart set with streaming features. It can connect via an HDMI or composite port, so even when you dont have a brand-new set, you can enjoy the features that a media streaming stick has to offer.
What Features Do These Streamers Offer?
You can consider cutting the cable cord with a media streamer, and there are more than a few features that these types of devices can offer you.
- You can stream and watch HD content from many apps including YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu.
- There are numerous connectivity options that include Ethernet for a wired connection or dual-band wireless connections.
- Benefits like a voice-activated remote, a headphone jack, and a microSD port let you expand your storage capacity.
How Do You Install a Roku to Your Television?
When it comes to installation, there are a couple of ways that you can hook a streaming device up to your set.
- An AV output that allows you to connect YPbPr or RCA connectors lets you set up the streamer with an older TV.
- You can use an HDMI connection to install the device or its associated peripherals.
- Other inputs that these streamers usually support include USB, Wi-Fi, and Ethernet connections. Youll need to determine how you want to use your streamer to determine which connections are necessary, ensure the highest quality, and provide the most convenient installation experience.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Roku.