With the variety of all-in-one printer options available today, there's a lot to think about before buying a new or replacement printer. When selecting a Ricoh SP multifunction printer, you'll need to consider the following factors, whether you're choosing a device for your home or office.
- Functionality: Most of these machines include fax and scanner capabilities along with the normal printing functions. Because of the scanning ability, your printer can double as a copier. Some can also use specialized inks and hold a variety of paper sizes and types to allow you enhanced photo printing.
- Scanning capabilities: You'll need to work out how much you are planning to use the scanning feature of the device in order to decide what features are necessary for you. Some machines allow you to scan multiple pages at once and produce high-resolution scanned images.
- Printing features and quality: Consider what type of printing you'll be doing from the printer. Some machines offer double-sided, or duplex, printing. Pay attention to the black and color print resolution of the machine you choose. Resolution is measured in DPI, and the higher this number, the higher the quality of your printouts.
- Connectivity: Make sure that the machine you purchase is compatible with the computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone you will be connecting it to. Some devices also have wireless Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection options which make it easier to connect to multiple computers.
Inkjet machines contain liquid ink that sprays through tiny nozzles onto the paper. Laser printers have toner cartridges that contain a fine powder that combines with a heated fuser for printing. Laser printers generally produce higher-quality black and white documents at a quicker speed than inkjet ones.How do I connect a Ricoh SP all-in-one printer and computer?
In order to make use of your multi-function printer, follow the steps below to connect it to your computer or laptop.
- Step 1: Turn on your Ricoh printer and plug it into the computer using the USB cord. If you have a wireless machine, you can either use Bluetooth to connect to an individual computer or have the printer connect to your home network to enable multiple users.
- Step 2: If the set-up process does not begin automatically, go to the Devices section of your Settings menu and choose the Add a Printer button.
- Step 3: Continue to follow the instructions on your computer screen to complete the set-up process