MOMO Car and Truck Steering Wheels and Horn
MOMO is a private company based in Italy that manufactures automobile parts and accessories. The company specializes in racing and custom equipment. This includes producing accessories such as steering wheels.What types of steering wheels does MOMO manufacture?
The MOMO company manufactures several different types of steering wheels. The most common types of wheels produced are street, track, custom, and heritage steering wheels. Some different styles of MOMO street wheels are listed below.
- Prototipo/ Prototipo 6C
- Montecarlo / Montecarlo Alcantara
Momo car and truck steering wheels and horns come in a wide range of materials. They include the following:
MOMO manufactures steering wheels in different styles, but the company makes other products too. Some of these include shifting knobs as well as a colorful custom steering wheel in shades of blue, black, or red with yellow or orange accents. Other products include racing seats, racing gloves, and racing boots. MOMO also outfits race car drivers with underwear to wear underneath the racers jumpsuit.How do you install a new steering wheel?
Most MOMO steering wheels involve the same installation steps. To install your product, you will need to do the following:
- Make sure that your vehicles tires are pointing straight forward and that your battery is disconnected.
- Remove the horn by unscrewing the horn cap and removing the emblem.
- Detach the steering wheel and save the plastic sleeve.
- Place a mark on the shaft in the 12 oclock position to make sure it is lined up.
- Using pliers, pull the hub off of the old wheel.
- Take the new wheel and align it with your marking.
- Place the new wheel on and reinsert the plastic sleeve and feed the wires through the center holes.
- Tighten all bolts and reconnect the wires. Be sure to test out your new wheel before driving on the open road.
You should select a new wheel based on your driving style and needs. Aftermarket steering wheels are typically smaller than stock wheels. Most stock wheels range from 14.2 to 15.2 inches in diameter, and most aftermarket wheels are about 12 to 14.4 inches in diameter. Deciding on a new wheel depends on your personal preference and driving style. Always do your research before purchasing a new steering wheel.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by MOMO.