How to Pick Single-Use Batteries
Sometimes referred to as cell or button batteries, Maxell CR2016 batteries are designed for single-use applications. These types of batteries are typically used to power watches, as the small batteries are just the right size and shape for a timepiece, which can keep your watches ticking with precision every day.
What Materials Are Used in These Batteries?
A CR2016 battery is a three-volt option thats typically composed of lithium, and there are several reasons for using lithium to create these types of batteries.
- Battery manufacturers use lithium instead of alkaline to create batteries because they offer a better energy ratio per volume. Therefore, lithium works better for smaller batteries because a lithium battery doesnt need much space to hold a positive charge.
- A lithium battery may last longer than an alkaline battery does, meaning that you dont have to replace your single-use CR2016 as often as you may have had to in the past.
- Lithium batteries can be recharged, but single-use batteries dont have that option. It is, however, one of the reasons manufacturers continue to use lithium and lithium-ion to create batteries of all types and sizes, including CR2016 single-use batteries.
What Are These Batteries Used For?
Though buttons are typically used for watches, these battery types are used to power other types of small devices and appliances as well.
- Since a button cell battery comes in assorted sizes and thicknesses, it can be used for a range of applications. For instance, you can use a coin cell to power up a portable calculator.
- A button cell is also used to juice up healthcare equipment, such as cardiac pacemakers and implantable defibrillators. Theyre also used for small hearing aids.
- You might also choose a button battery if your keyless entry transmitters in your car go dead.
How Do You Buy These Batteries?
Depending on how many cells you use and how many electronics or devices you must keep powered on a daily basis, you may want to consider how to purchase cells. There are a few ways to keep your toolbox or desk drawer stocked with these electronics.
- Buy a coin cell battery individually. Though they often come in packs of more than one, you can buy just a single CR2016 when you need just one.
- You can also purchase a small pack of batteries. This could be a blister pack that offers two, four, or even six CR2016 Maxell coin cell batteries. For those who use these types of coin cells occasionally, it may be convenient to have more than one on hand. Some even come in a special hologram package.
- You can also buy coin cell batteries in bulk. For businesses, hospitals, or jewelry stores that may go through many amounts of these, so you can buy them in large quantities, such as 20, 30, or even more as needed.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Maxell.>