What Are Leather Vintage Photo Albums and Boxes?
Whether your photos are brand new or decades old, theres something special about a vintage leather photo album or storage box. These not only provide a way to store and organize your pictures, but their antique styles and designs are simply beautiful to look at. You can keep them on display on your coffee table or shelf for when guests want to look through your favorite images, or you can use them to make thoughtful gifts for family members.
What Are Some Photo Album and Box Types?
Before you purchase a leather box or leather album either as a keepsake or for storage, consider what type works for you, so you know what youre buying.
- Slip-in albums have sleeves in their interior that allow you to slip the photos into compartments. These sleeves are typically made to fit into an album via holes on the sides of the page. A sleeve can hold one or many photos, and you can flip through the albums and view the photos in the sleeves or conveniently switch out photos in seconds.
- Before sleeves were an option, vintage leather albums were self-adhesive, meaning you peeled back a clear page and stuck the photos to the cardboard via a gummy substance that was underneath the plastic. Then, you affixed the page onto the photos.
- The size of a leather box can be small or large and available in colors like black, brown, or red. Beyond style, a vintage leather box serves as a spot where you can safely store photos and keep them away from dust.
What Are Some Features of Albums?
Leather photo albums are not only a convenient way to store and view photographs, but they also have features that make them user-friendly.
- Hinges allow you to add refill pages to leather albums to put more pictures into a specific album. You can also purchase refill pages to fit the size of your album, and then simply open the metal hinge inside and slip the holes through the hinge to expand space.
- Small, portable albums are a convenient way to take photos on the go, and they often have a magnetic or leather closure that keeps them shut.
- A leather design with foldout pages lets you store multiple photos but in a more compact way so the album doesnt take up much space; you just unfold the pages to see the photos, accordion-style.
Which Album Designs Are Available?
Not only are albums and boxes both convenient and nostalgic, but they come in assorted colors and designs.
- An engraved leather album may have an embossed image on the front or wording such as "Memories" or "Photos." These come in a range of colors too.
- Stitching on leather albums makes them stand out and provide them with a distinct look.
- Consider a decorative album, such as one with an open space for a photo on the front or an image or design you like, such as leaves, butterflies, or metallic accents that gleam on the leather cover of the album or box.