Keep Your New Acer Laptop Keyboard Safe with a Keyboard Protector
Youre working on an important document for school or work, and everything is going well until you bump your drink and it spills all over the keyboard. That sinking feeling of dread that you’ve ruined your laptop is awful. Luckily, there are ways to avoid these sticky situations before they even happen, and it all starts with a protective cover for your laptop.What materials are laptop keyboard covers made from?
Some protective covers for your laptop are made from plastic or polyurethane, but most are made from a thin layer of silicone. The silicone covers come in a variety of colors, making your keyboard protector a stylish statement in addition to a practical protector for your valuable laptop. The variety of colors include:
The obvious answer is to keep dust, dirt, and liquids from getting between the keys of your laptop and making the letters sticky or potentially harming the entire motherboard. Aside from their role keyboard protector, however, keyboard covers can also soften the keystrokes for quieter typing, and silicone keyboard covers allow for customization to let your Acer laptop reflect your unique personality.How do you install a keyboard cover?
To keep the keyboard protector from sliding around, youll need to make sure the surface of the keys are free of dust and smudges from the natural oils in your fingers.
- Power your Acer laptop off so that pressing keys will not do anything unwanted.
- Wipe the keyboard with a lightly dampened cloth to clear off dirt and grime.
- Use a cotton swab to clean out the spaces between the keys.
- After ensuring the keys are completely dry, lay the keyboard cover over the keyboard, and gently press it into place.
In addition to assisting with ensuring cleanliness, a silicone keyboard cover can sometimes slide out of place, which is a problem that can be solved by cleaning it. To wash a keyboard cover, youll need to:
- Remove the cover from the keyboard.
- Lightly scrub the keyboard protector with a small amount of liquid dish soap.
- Soak silicone covers in lukewarm water.
- Set the cover out to dry flat before reinstalling it on the keyboard.
Every Acer laptop has a different keyboard layout and fit. Finding the right protector for it is the only way to prevent slipping and make sure that the keys will fit properly. To make sure you have the right one for your laptop, check the model number. Each protector is designed to work with specific models of laptops.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Acer.