Everything You Need to Know About Industrial Central Air Conditioning Units
When you?re operating a company or managing a large building, industrial air conditioning units can help you keep your facility cool. They send cool air through your building, increasing comfort for employees and residents. Whether you need a compact machine or a rooftop unit, you can browse eBay to find new or used industrial central air conditioning units that meet your needs.What is a BTU?
When you?re shopping for an industrial air conditioner, it?s common to see units described in terms of BTUs. A BTU is a British thermal unit; it?s a unit of measurement that denotes heat energy. When you see a BTU rating on an air conditioner, it usually comes in BTUs per hour, which is the cooling capacity or how fast the unit can cool a room. When it comes to industrial air conditioning machines, you might also see cooling capacity described in tons. In this case, 1 ton equals 12,000 BTUs.How do you decide how many BTUs you need?
Usually, it?s a good idea to have 20 BTUs per square foot. Your climate also plays a role; hot climates usually require units with more BTUs than cooler climates. If your air conditioner has too many BTUs, it tends to throw off the humidity balance; as a result, your building may feel cold but humid, leaving you feeling clammy. A unit with too few BTUs will run continuously, running up your electric bill without ever reducing the temperature effectively.What are the parts of an industrial air conditioner?
The parts of your air conditioning system depend on the type of cooling technology it uses. Some common parts include:
- Vents: The vents pull in air from your building into the evaporator.
- Evaporator: The evaporator allows the cooling liquid to evaporate. As it does, it turns into a gas and absorbs heat from the air.
- Compressor: The air conditioner pumps the hot gas out of your building and into the compressor, which increases the pressure.
- Condenser coil: The pressurized gas flows into the condenser coil. As it moves through the coil, a fan blows across the surface, dissipating the heat to the outdoors. Then, the process starts all over again.
When you?re buying an affordable HVAC system on eBay for industrial purposes, some of the features you can choose include:
- External service ports: These ports allow technicians to make repairs without taking apart the unit.
- Wheels: Wheeled units are portable so you can move the machine based on industry need.
- Weather-resistant cabinet: The outdoor part of your unit often features a weather-resistant coating to prevent rust over time.