Headlights for Subaru BRZ
The Subaru BRZ has an engine built for performance, and its redesigned body makes this coupe a sleek and agile sports car. There are a variety of headlight options for your BRZ, coming in different styles, brightness levels, and bulb types. You will be able to find effective yet stylish headlights for your rear-wheel-drive vehicle.What types of headlight bulbs are available for the Subaru?
- Halogen: Halogen headlights are commonly used in many cars like the Subaru BRZ, and these bulbs utilize a tungsten filament that is contained in an airproof fixture. When the lights are turned on in your Subaru BRZ Premium or STI, the bulb heats up, causing the filament to ignite and produce light.
- HID: HID stands for high intensity discharge, and these xenon lights use two electrodes in a sealed bulb filled with xenon gas. This style of light is able to produce a brighter light and is more efficient than halogen products.
- LED: LED bulbs are highly efficient and are able to produce a very bright light. LEDs also come in small sizes, making them a great headlight option.
- Sealed Beam: Sealed beam headlights include both the lens and the bulb as a single component, which makes installation very simple.
- Composite: Composite lights separate the bulb and the lens into two separate products. These components can be great as only one piece must be repaired if there is a part failure.
- Reflector: Reflector-style headlights in the BRZ utilize a chrome-plated design that surrounds the bulb, which is used to reflect the light out of the lens to create an aimed beam of light. This design also helps to direct the light in a specific direction, ensuring that a driver in oncoming traffic is not affected by the light.
- Projector: Projector-style lights utilize a bulb that is contained within a bowl. This light is then directed out of the bowl towards the lens where it is directed onto the surface of the road. This style of light produces a more concentrated beam.
- Determine which size and model of headlights fit your specific BRZ sports car. This information can be found in the owners manual or by simply looking at the bulb that is currently in the car.
- Park your BRZ car a short distance away from the garage door, turn on the old headlights, and mark the height of the beams. This will help to ensure correct alignment for the new beams in the vehicle.
- Open up the hood of the car and access the light assemblies for each of the headlights. Remove the connector wiring and unscrew the bulb from within the housing.
- Install the new bulb in the same fashion that you removed the old bulb but be careful not to tighten the bulb too much as this can increase the risk of breaking the light. Be sure to wear gloves so that no fingerprints get on the bulbs.
- Reconnect the wiring. If you are installing an LED bulb, you may need to connect a ballast between the bulb and the original wiring.
- Turn on the new lights, and be sure that the light is aimed correctly.