Hyundai Tiburon Headlights
Shine a light into the darkest night and alert other drivers to the presence of your Tiburon with properly operating headlights. With solutions available for every year of manufacture, it’s easy to find the right parts to light up your Hyundai Tiburon.What types of headlights are available for the Hyundai Tiburon?
There are two major contenders when it comes to top headlight technology for the Hyundai Tiburon: high-intensity discharge (HID) bulbs and light-emitting diodes (LEDs). HID bulbs generally last between 1,000 and 2,000 hours. This type of lighting technology makes use of specialized tungsten electrodes contained within a conventional bulb housing. When xenon or a similar noble gas is released into the housing and the electrodes are electrified, a bright arc appears that can be seen up to 500 feet away. LEDs use various semiconductor materials in place of electrodes and glass and are energy efficient. LEDs take up little space and run cool no matter how long they are left on. Since LEDs are rated to last 50,000 hours, you could conceivably leave an LED light on for 5.7 years straight before running a statistical risk of burnout.Should both headlights on a Hyundai Tiburon be replaced simultaneously?
It’s understandable that many Tiburon owners would prefer to only replace the part that is causing the issue if the other headlight is still operating normally. However, some people choose to replace both at the same time. This is even more true for bulbs.How do you install headlight assemblies in a Hyundai Tiburon?
Thanks to the intuitive design of the Hyundai Tiburon, it’s easy to replace both of the headlight assemblies on your sport sedan. Follow these simple instructions to remove the old components and install new ones. Installation requires a socket wrench and about half an hour of labor. Instructions may vary based on the year of manufacture.
- Turn off the Hyundais engine, open the hood, and disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Pick a side to start with and remove the two 10mm bolts on the top of the headlight assembly with a socket wrench. Remove the final bolt on the low inner corner of the assembly.
- Gently pull the assembly out of the cavity. Disconnect the electrical harness and discard the assembly.
- Connect the electrical harness to the new assembly. Insert the assembly into the cavity and install the three bolts to secure it to the vehicle.
- Repeat these steps for the opposite side. Reconnect the negative battery terminal and start the engine to test the new headlights.