Acura TL Headlights
It is important to have working headlights on your Acura TL to ensure your safety on the road. Acura TL vehicles feature beams with Xenon High Intensity Discharge (HID) that offers you a better field of vision when you are driving. TL headlights also feature halogen high beam bulbs.When should you replace the headlights on an Acura TL?
You typically only need to replace the headlights on your Acura vehicle when a bulb goes out. HID headlights last for 2,000 to 3,000 hours which is equivalent to about 90,000 driving miles. With such a long life, it is possible that you will never need a HID light replacement on your Acura. Sometimes there are other causes for a light bulb going out. Incorrect wiring and faulty sockets can be the cause of a light bulb not working.How do you replace the headlights on an Acura TL?
To remove the headlights on your Acura TL:
- You should first open the hood of the vehicle
- Uncover the engine compartment on both sides
- Remove the bulkhead cover
- Grab a flathead screwdriver and remove the holding clips on the drivers side. There will be three holding clips.
If you need the light replacement on the drivers side of your Acura:
- Pull the upper part of the air intake duct up
- Push the tab and pull the electrical connector down to remove it from the original bulb
- Turn the bulb counterclockwise until you are able to remove it
- Place the new light bulb in the vacant space left from the old halogen light and turn it clockwise
- Push the electrical connector back on to the new lightbulb
- Place the air intake duct back into position and replace the holding clips
If you need the light replacement on the passengers side of your Acura:
- Pull the reserve tank for the engine coolant out of the support brace
- Follow the same steps as the drivers side by pulling the electrical connector, removing the old bulb, and replacing it with the new one
- Place the engine coolant reserve tank back into the brace
You will want to turn your lights on before covering everything back up to ensure that the replacement is working correctly. Regardless of what side of the car you replaced the light bulb on, you will need to put the engine compartment covers back on. You will also need to make sure that the washer fluid cap and all of the tabs are positioned in the right place.