Acura MDX Headlights
Headlights help you see what is on the road late at night when it is dark. You need to ensure that your headlights are working properly if you want to be safe while driving. It is easy to replace the lights on your Acura MDX whether you are looking for a brighter bulb or just replacing a broken one.What kind of headlights does an Acura MDX have?
You do not need to change the lights on your Acura on a consistent basis. The type of lights you have in your vehicle will depend on the model of your MDX. The 2001 to 2003 Acura vehicles will have 9006 bulbs, while 2004 to 2006 Acuras will have h21 bulbs. Models made between 2007 and 2013 use D2S HID bulbs. High intensity discharge (HID) headlights typically have a long life. Acura MDX cars made after 2014 have LED lights. Unlike HID bulb replacements, which are quite easy to do at home, LED bulb replacements are not possible. If you wish to change your halogen bulbs, you can replace them with xenon headlights.How do you replace the bulbs on an Acura MDX?
If you need an Acura MDX headlight replacement, there are a few steps to follow. You will need your replacement headlights and a pair of gloves to get started. It is important to wear gloves to prevent dirt and oil from getting on the light, because this can cause damage to the bulb and make it burn out faster.
The first thing you need to do is open the hood of the car. The headlight cover is located under the chassis brace. To open the cover, just twist it counterclockwise.
If you have an HID bulb in your Acura MDX:
- Remove the igniter box by twisting counterclockwise and pushing it over.
- Remove the retainer clip by pushing the two handles and then pulling them out until the clip releases.
- Pull out the old bulbs.
- Ensure that the bulb guide is pointed in the right direction for proper installation,and fit the new parts in.
- Recover the retainer, igniter, and headlight cover by twisting clockwise.
If you have a halogen bulb in your Acura MDX:
- Find the headlight socket plug, and disconnect it by pushing on the tabs.
- Turn the bulb counterclockwise, and pull out the bulb.
- Insert the new bulb, making sure that it fits properly by twisting clockwise.
- Plug in the electrical connector to get it working.