Toyota Yaris Car Exterior Mouldings and Trim
As a proud Yaris owner, you arent satisfied with your car simply looking great, you want it to stand out, too. To bring a custom design look to your Yaris, you can choose from the many custom mouldings and trim pieces offered to give your vehicle a bit of personality.What types of trim are available for a Yaris?
There are many trim options available to help you customize your Yaris, including:
- Bumper protector - This allows you to safely load your Yariss hatch without affecting the bumper.
- Custom license plate frames - Accentuate your license plate in style with frames that come in carbon fiber or a wide variety of colors to match your Yariss exterior and your unique style.
- Mud guards - They protect your cars lower exterior and the car behind you from mud and small rocks. Additionally, it will you keep your Yaris cleaner and protected as well.
- Door edge guards - Add a touch of class and style to your Yariss doors with door edge guards. They also protect the edge of the door from dents.
You can find a wide variety of aftermarket moulding and trim for your Toyota Yaris. Much of what you will find is generic to fit on a wide range of vehicles, but some accessories such as the bumper protectors are vehicle-specific. Therefore, you will need to match the model year of your Yaris to the accessory being selected to ensure the right fit. There are also Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) accessories available, both new and second-hand, for accessories such as the grille emblem and drip moulding.How do you install moulding and trim on a Yaris?
Most of the accessories can be secured by using an adhesive strip attached to the back of the moulding or trim piece. For these accessories, it is important that you thoroughly clean the area, such as the back or the profile, on your Yaris where you intend to install the accessory to ensure the adhesive can form a strong bond with the body of the vehicle. Otherwise, rain and other precipitants could work their way in between the accessory and the vehicle body and affect the stability of the accessory. For a more detailed look at this process, here is a guide for installing a common accessory: a bumper guard.
- First, clean all surface dirt from the top and rear of the bumper using your regular car wash solution and ensure the bumper is cool to the touch.
- Second, place the bumper guard on the bumper, and use drafting tape to mark the edges where you want to place it.
- Third, remove the adhesive tape backing from the guard.
- Fourth, firmly press the bumper guard into place, ensuring you apply pressure to the full length of the guard.
- Finally, wipe any fingerprints off the bumper guard for a clean, finished look.