Complete Engines for Geo Storm
The Geo Storm was a car produced by Isuzu in Japan from 1990 through 1993. This car succeeded the same manufacturers car called the Impulse, and it was followed by the Pontiac Vibe and the Chevrolet Cobalt.What are the features of this cars base engine?
- Fits multiple cars: The motorized blocks for this Geo also fit into the Impulse, Metro, Tracker, and Prizm.
- Includes pans, valves, and manifolds: The complete blocks for the car include the necessary valves, fluid pans, cylinders, and manifolds that are required for its operation.
- Universal fitments: Universal fitments make the long block easier to install regardless of the version or trim level of your car.
- Base model: The base model of the car featured a 1.4 liter with 95 horsepower. It had a compression ratio of 9.1:1, and it could go from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 10 seconds. Its top speed is 108 miles per hour. This base option was used primarily in the hatchbacks.
- 1990 to 1991 production versions higher trim: The manufacturer offered a higher trim with an increased performance, called the GSi trim. It had a 1.6 liter, 108 horsepower motorized unit. Its top speed was 130 miles per hour, and it could achieve 0 to 60 miles per hour in 8 seconds.
- 1992 and 1993 production versions higher trim: In production year 1992, the higher trim level of the car, the GSi, featured a larger motor. Its capacity of 1.8 liters and 140 horsepower allowed it to achieve a top speed of 125 miles per hour. The 1.8 liter variety goes from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 7.1 seconds.
First you will need to determine the year and trim level of your Geo to narrow your options. Then you will need to decide whether to get a single overhead camshaft (SOHC) or a dual overhead camshaft (DOHC) geo engine for your car. The single overhead camshaft engines are available in a 1.6 liter, 4XE1, I4 configuration. Dual overhead camshaft engines are available in a 1.6 or 1.8 liter in the 4XE1 or 4xF1, I4 configurations. Your selection may also depend on whether your Geo has a manual transmission or an automatic one.
You can find both OEM and aftermarket complete geo engines. OEM engines are produce by the Original Equipment Manufacturer that created the original motor for your car, while aftermarket manufactures are not related to the maker of your vehicle in anyway.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Isuzu.