Charge Your Samsung Phone With the Sun
Solar panels are a great way to get power for your Samsung phone when you want to use an eco-friendly form of energy or are not able to use an outlet. They take power from the sun and turn it into energy that can easily be used by your cell phone. With a charger powered by sunlight, you can have a fully charged phone ready to go even if you are deep in the forest.How do you use a solar cell phone charger?
Using a solar battery charger is quite simple. All you need to do is follow these instructions.
- Step 1: Open the solar charger if needed and place it in an area with strong sunlight on the solar panel.
- Step 2: Plug one end of your phones charger into your Samsung and plug the other end with the USB tip into the charger.
- Step 3: Cover your phone to shield it from the sun if desired.
- Step 4: Wait until the phone is charged and unplug it.
Since it relies on capturing the rays of the sun to get power, many people assume that solar chargers only work in sunny weather. The reality is that they can still work when the weather is bad. Depending on the style you get, you may find a waterproof charger that will still function in the rain. If there are heavy clouds in the sky, the solar charger may produce less of a charge, but it will still work. It will just take slightly longer to charge a smartphone fully when the sky is gray or cloudy.Does the solar charger store power?
Whether or not the charger will also store power depends on the type you purchase. Some solar chargers are a simple design that just transfers the suns rays directly into your phone battery. Other styles function as a power bank. These will store power, so you can transfer it to your cell phone with a USB charger at a later time if desired.What size is a solar battery charger?
The batterys exact size will vary depending on what model you get. Most solar smartphone chargers will fall into these size categories:
- Pocket-sized: Smaller options may just be a few inches in length, and they are quite narrow.
- Medium: The average charger is roughly 4 inches tall, 3 inches wide, and 1 inch thick.
- Extra large: Some styles are larger to accommodate a big power bank too. These may be as big as 8 inches tall and a few inches thick.