Can I Use Vintage Camera Lenses for My DSLR Cameras?
Canon EF 50 mm are a good camera for people who are wanting to take quality photos. But the biggest downside of these DSLR cameras is that the lenses are almost as much as the camera themselves. One way to take good quality photos is to use vintage lenses for your camera.
What Kinds of Vintage Lenses Are There?
There are many options of vintage lenses for your Canon EF 50 mm.
- 28-80 f3.5-5.6 USM was the first of the 28-80 series released. It has the USM design and the metal mount. It also has a fast AF, or autofocus, feature so you can get quality images quickly. You will have to work on flare reduction.
- 100-300 f/5.6 L is a lens with the AFD autofocus feature. Its not as quick as the USM, but still does a decent job with focal length and aperture.
- The 100-300 f/4.5-5.6 USM has a faster aperture than the previous lens, and it has the USM motor. Its faster autofocus features and maximum aperture can help you take action shots or wildlife shots.
How Do I Work with a Vintage Lens for My DSLR Camera?
There are some key differences in how well a lens works for a Canon camera.
- An EF lens like the EF 50 mm will work for almost all cameras.
- However, crop body cameras will need an EF-S camera lens in order to work.
- Do some research on whether your specific vintage lens will work for your camera, but overall everything should be compatible.
How Do I Care for My Vintage Camera Lens?
The care and keeping of your vintage Canon lens are similar to how you care for modern lenses.
- You need to make sure that you store your lenses in a proper place with the right temperature control. Lenses can withstand a lot of wear and tear on the field, but when theyre not in use you should store them in a cool, dry place.
- Always make sure to use your lens caps and your end caps on your lenses when theyre not in use. If your vintage camera lens doesnt come with a lens or end cap, consider purchasing a few for when the lens is not in use.
- Wipe your camera lens with the correct microfiber cloth to keep it clean.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Canon.