Protecting Your Canon Camera With a Lens Cap
It's essential to have the necessary accessories for your Canon camera, whether you're planning to take a family portrait or action shots from the sidelines of a sports event. A 77mm lens cap can provide protection for your equipment while you work. Understanding the options and features will allow you to get the right cover based on the lens that you have.What is the difference between a front and rear cover?
There are front and rear options for Canon lenses. Each type fits onto the lens differently, so you will need to determine what you need for your camera.
- Front: The size is based on the millimeter amount of the lens.
- Rear: This type of cover is based on the mount of the camera and fits onto the back of the lens where it connects to your device.
This accessory may attach to the lens in a few different ways. You will want to explore the options based on what provides you with the most convenience.
- Slide-on: The accessory simply slides on and off.
- Screw-on: The accessory screws onto the threading of the lens or the filter that is in place.
- Clip-on: The accessory clips onto the front and is then removed by pinching the indented edges.
This accessory can be made from an array of materials. You will want to review the specific construction of each lens cap to determine you are getting the durability and aesthetic that you desire. Much of the decision may also depend on where you are going to do most of your photography work. Materials can include:
- Hard plastic/acrylic
There are quite a few features found in Canon lens caps. These products can often include more than one of the following:
- Logo in the center: Allows you to display the Canon brand as you work.
- Extra padding on the cap: Adds protection to your camera equipment.
- Lens leash: Attaches to the lens and the cap.
An accessories kit may include several items for providing both protection and convenience as you work on your photography project.
- Cap set: Includes a front and rear accessory.
- Microfiber cloth: Will be used to keep the glass clean from fingerprints and smudges.
- Air blower: Removes dust and lint from the glass with air.
- Lens leash: Helps to keep the cap from becoming misplaced.