Portable Stereos and Boomboxes
eBay has a wide selection of portable stereos and boomboxes available for purchase, so you can enjoy your favorite music at home or on-the-go. Whether new, used, or Certified Refurbished, you can bet you'll find the right item for you.
Buy a Certified Refurbished Portable Stereo or Boombox
Certified Refurbished items are used items renewed by approved eBay sellers. Each Certified Refurbished portable stereo and boombox sold on eBay comes with a like-new guarantee, free return/replacement policy good for 30 days after receiving the product, and a 2-year warranty. We also regularly monitor all our sellers to ensure they're hitting all of our required quality metrics, so all our buyers can shop in confidence.
Notable Boombox Features
Whether you're shopping for something old-school or more modern, boomboxes come loaded with cool features:
- A handle that you can use to carry your boombox around with you.
- One or two cassette tape decks. Back in the boombox's heyday, boombox owners could record tunes from one cassette tape onto another and even record songs from the radio.
- A CD player. Some boomboxes allow for both CD-R and CD-RW discs, which means you can record songs onto a CD from either cassette tapes or the radio.
- Two speakers that sound will blast from, usually at high volume, while it's being played.
- A headphone jack into which you can plug in headphones and listen to your music without bothering others.
- More recent boombox models may also feature a USB port into which you can plug in another device, like an mp3 player.
Boombox Sound Quality
Audio on a boombox is delivered through two attached amplified speakers. As a result, the sound quality is usually very good. You can increase the acoustic quality of a boombox by adding more speakers. The acoustic quality also depends on the condition of the speakers and how high the volume is.
Most boomboxes offer balance controls in addition to standard volume controls. These balance controls enable you to adjust the balance of the sound output so it comes out one side of the boombox more than the other. That means the acoustic quality coming from one speaker will be higher than the other. With a boombox, the acoustic quality is higher when the sound is balanced between both speakers.
How Much Does a Boombox Weigh?
Large vintage boomboxes can weigh up to 26 pounds, but more recently-made large boomboxes are lightweight. Boomboxes can also vary greatly in size, with the smallest ones built for wireless audio weighing two pounds or less
Smart shopping with eBay Refurbished
eBay Refurbished is your budget-stretching secret weapon. eBay offers the best value on the biggest selection of refurbished products from exceptional sellers with warranties as good as or superior to what's offered on brand-new products.Because everyone should be empowered to get the exact products they want in the right condition at the right price so their dollars go further.
- Certified Refurbished: The item is in pristine, like-new condition, backed by a two-year warranty. It has been professionally inspected, cleaned, and refurbished by the manufacturer or a manufacturer-approved vendor to meet manufacturer specifications. The item will be in new packaging with original or new accessories.
- Excellent Refurbished: The item is in like-new condition, backed by a one year warranty. It has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to excellent condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Very Good Refurbished: The item shows minimal wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to very good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Good Refurbished: The item shows moderate wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in a new generic packaging.
Industry-leading Warranty and 30 day returns Included in Every Purchase
eBay has partnered with Allstate to include an award winning warranty in every box. So you're covered in the event your item breaks or malfunctions. Learn more about ebay refurbished warranty coverage.
eBay Refurbished items can be returned or replaced for free within 30 days of receiving them. Only a select group of eBay sellers can participate in the program, and we monitor their performance to ensure they live up to the highest standards of customer service. Learn more about the perks of shopping eBay Refurbished.
Returns Made Simple How It Works
Start your return: In My eBay, find the item under Purchase history, then in More actions, choose Return this item.
Select your reason: Depending on the seller's return policy, we may put you in touch with them directly.
Ship it back:You'll be issued a packing slip and shipping label. Pack the item and ship it.
Check the listing's return policy before making your purchase.
Be sure to note shipping deadlines and whether an item can be returned for refund, replacement, or exchange.
Return the item in the same condition you received it in -- pack it well. Learn more about the item condition policy
We work hard to make returns smooth. For those rare cases when they don't go that way, the eBay Money Back Guarantee may help. Get the item you ordered or your money back--guaranteed.
eBay Money Back Guarantee
Whatever you're buying--large or small--eBay offers many ways to ensure you get exactly what you want.
Get the item you ordered or your money back--it's that simple. Our eBay Money Back Guarantee applies to virtually everything on our site, and there's no extra fee for coverage. It's automatic and covers your purchase price plus original shipping on eligible purchases*.
Follow these steps to get your refund:
Contact Your Seller If an item hasn't arrived or isn't as described, go to My eBay, select the item in your purchase history, and reach out to your seller.
Not resolved? Let us know. If you've talked to your seller and the issue still isn't resolved after three business days, contact us.
We'll get your money back. Fast. You can count on hearing from us within 48 hours.
*Item exclusions apply. For full terms and conditions, read our eBay Money Back Guarantee policy.