Get Accuracy and Precision With a Barnett Crossbow
Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned hunter, Barnett manufactures a large variety of crossbows that offer a wide range of styles and features. Barnett makes compound crossbows and complete crossbow packages to fit any need. Whether you need a new, gently used, or refurbished crossbow, eBay can help you find one to suit your needs.
What is the draw weight in a Barnett crossbow?
Draw weight is the maximum amount of weight an archer might need to exert in order to successfully fire a bow. Most crossbows have a draw weight somewhere between 150 and 200 pounds. While most Barnett compound crossbows are easy to cock, pulling can be made easier with a rope-cocking device. Some states have a limit on draw weight, so be sure to consult your local statutes.
What models of Barnett crossbows are available?
Contemporary crossbows, such as the Ghost 410, are technologically advanced with red dot sights, scopes, and composite bows. To top it off, use of an optional quiver upgrade can keep you in the field all day with no need to reclaim bolts unless desired. Some models of Barnett crossbows include:
- Barnett 78128 Whitetail Hunter II Crossbow: This crossbow shoots at 330 feet per second with a draw weight of 150-pound kinetic energy.
- Barnett Whitetail Pro Str 400fps TRUbark Camo Crossbow: This crossbow features a fiberglass-reinforced step-through riser.
- Barnett Raptor Pro Str Crossbow: This crossbow features a 187-pound draw weight and 135 pounds of kinetic energy.
What are some features of the Barnett Ghost crossbow?
The Barnett Ghost line is one Barnett crossbow model you can choose from. It shoots arrows at 410 fps, making it extremely effective. The Ghost also has great accuracy at distances exceeding 70 meters. The carbon-riser design of the Ghost 410 adds to its accuracy by keeping the front end from drooping. The Ghost 410 may be offered in a bundle that includes everything you need for assembly in a complete crossbow package. In general, the Ghost line offers high-performance crossbows with a high fps. Its specs include the following:
- Up to 410 fps or 150 foot-pounds of kinetic energy at point blank range
- A large quiver able to carry many bolts
- A complete crossbow package
- A compound crossbow with carbon riser
- Compatibility with a rope-cocking device
What kind of strength is needed to pull a crossbow?
When imagining a crossbow, you may think of the medieval device that requires immense strength to cock and is difficult to aim. As far as contemporary Barnett crossbows are concerned, the use of these weapons has been streamlined and made more accurate by the addition of red dot sights to most models. Almost anyone can use a crossbow without building up their biceps ahead of time and still get good results.