Car & Truck Keychains
Keychains have become a common accessory for rings of keys regardless of your age or gender. From decorative charms to useful flashlights to every kind of character and theme imaginable, keychains carry the keys for your car or truck. You can find metal, plastic, rubber, and an array of other chains. You can also find an assortment of keychains that feature your specific brand of car or truck, including the logo of the vehicle company or an image of the vehicle.
What is the purpose of a keychain?
The advent of the plastic keychain occurred in the 1950s and 1960s when plastic manufacturing techniques were improved. The original purpose of it was to act as an advertisement for businesses. For a small fee, manufacturers would mass produce plastic chains that displayed a business logo or name. Through the decades, they have become more about self-expression and decoration than about advertising.
What are the different uses of a keychain?
Once keychains began to transition from being solely used for advertising what you drive into a decorative item, people began to realize that they could actually become a useful tool in their daily lives. Since many people have their key ring near them most of the day, it proved to be incredibly practical to load their ring of keys with tools, gadgets, and instruments that could assist them in an emergency whether or not they were driving.
- Decoration: Key rings can be attached to book bags, cell phones, and purses to be used as a decoration of self-expression or promotion of a beloved sports team, musical band, or TV show.
- Self-defense: Since people usually have their keys in their hands while we walk to their cars, it is highly beneficial to keep a self-defense item as a keychain. Many self-defense companies design their items to be used as a chain such as pepper spray, stun guns, knuckle weapons, and panic alarms.
- Storage: This is a use that many people do not realize is possible. There are many chains that can be used to stash coins, jewelry, vitamins, candy, or other tiny objects.
- Convenience: Many of our technological items have been made into a keychain for convenient use such as flash drives, phone sensing devices, digital cameras, and phone chargers.
- Advertising: As mentioned before, chains were originally produced as a form of advertising for businesses. Many car companies still utilize this practice to market their brand.
Which automobile companies use keychains as advertising?
Almost every car company uses keychains to promote their vehicles. You can find branded chains produced by Mercedes Benz, Volkswagen, Ford, Chrysler, Honda, Volvo, Audi, and many more car manufacturers.