Chevrolet Corvette Auto Glass
The Chevrolet Corvette auto glass serves an important role as it enhances the visibility of your surroundings while driving. There are many systems in your Chevrolet Corvette that use auto glass. When you need to make a selection, there are many options to choose from.What types of auto glass is used in your Corvette?
There are two main types of auto glass used in your Chevrolet. Understanding the options can be helpful when you need to selecting a replacement.
- Laminated glass is made up of two sheets of glass with a sheet of PVB between them. Typically used in the construction of windshields, laminated glass is also designed to withstand heavy impact without shattering into shard when a collision occurs.
- Tempered glass will be used mainly for the door and rear windows of your car. Tempered glass is made of a single layer of glass that has been tempered by heat and then rapidly cooled. When this type of glass breaks, itâ€™s designed to break into rounded pieces, instead of sharp edges.
There are two main styles of glass used in the mirrors of your Corvette.
- Convex glass: Curved outward, this style provides a wide angle and field of vision, making objects appear farther away. This will typically be found on the passenger side.
- Planar glass: This style has a flat surface that allows you to get an unmodified view when looking at the mirror. This is typically found on the driverâ€™s side of the vehicle.
Selecting replacement auto glass for your sports car doesnt have to be overwhelming. Follow these tips as a guide when making a choice.
- Choose an auto glass that is compatible with your convertible: You will want to know the make, model, and year of your vehicle.
- Select a style: The materials used in the auto glass will be standard across different models due to regulations. Some features that you can select can include tinting and other safety features such as defrost.
- Select a brand: You can choose from various third party and factory-direct replacements that are compatible with your car.
When you need to replace the auto glass in your Chevrolet Corvette, there are many companies to choose from. If you prefer to use auto glass from the Original Equipment Manufacturer, you can choose from those produced by Chevrolet and General Motors. ACDelco, Aftermarket Products, and other companies make aftermarket window glass that is compatible with your Corvette. There are also several unbranded options to choose from.