Chevrolet Astro Auto Glass
The auto glass in your Chevrolet Astro plays an important role in increasing your visibility as well as your safety while driving. When you need to replace your Chevrolet Astro auto glass, there are many options to choose from.What types of auto glass for the Astro?
There are two main types of auto glass used in the windows of your Chevrolet Astro.
- Laminated glass is used typically in the windshield and rear windows of your Chevrolet. This type of glass is made up of two sheets of glass sealed together with a layer of PVB between the layers. The heating method used prevents the windshield from shattering into shards on impact.
- Tempered auto-glass is made up of a single sheet of glass that is heated and rapidly cooled. Tempered glass is designed to break into rounded, blunt pieces when impacted.
There are a few types of mirror glass styles used in your Chevrolet Astro. Understanding the types of mirror glass options will help when you need to make a selection.
- Convex mirrors will typically be used on the passenger side of your Chevrolet. This type of mirror glass is curved to allow a wider field of view for drivers. Some styles of convex mirror glass will have an additional convex mirror mounted to the glass to cover the blind spots.
- Flat mirrors will be used on the driver’s side of your Astro. Flat mirror glass provides the least amount of image distortion so that you can see the actual size and location of objects behind you.
- Blue-tinted mirror glass will help eliminate the glare from headlights and other light sources. This type of mirror glass is helpful during night driving.
Following these tips can be helpful when you need to make a selection.
- Select auto-glass that is compatible with your vehicle. You will want to know the make, model, and year of your vehicle. In some cases you may also want to know the production date. This can be helpful information when the manufacturer changes the parts used in the middle of the production year.
- Select a style. You can choose from a variety of auto-glass that serves different functions in your vehicle.
- Select a brand. There are various third party and direct factory replacement options that are compatible with your car.
When you need to make an auto-glass selection for your Chevrolet Astro, you have a number of companies to choose from. If you prefer OEM parts, you will want to select from Chevrolet, GM, and GMC. Dorman, Pertronix, and other companies produce aftermarket options.