Toyota Solara Antennas
The Toyota Solara is a subtype of the Toyota Camry, and the vehicle was in production from the 1999 model year through the 2008 model year. Here is what you need to know to upgrade or replace the antenna on your Toyota Camry Solara.What are the features of Toyota Camry Solara antennas?
- Collapses or folds into the mast: The Toyotas antenna is designed to collapse or fold down into the mast in order to protect it when you take it through a car wash or in extreme weather conditions.
- Flexible materials for enhanced strength: The antenna is designed with some flexibility in its aluminum construction. This allows it to whip around in light to moderate wind speeds, such as when you are driving your Toyota vehicle on an interstate or when your Toyota Camry Solara is parked and it is windy outside.
- Resistance to rust and corrosion: The aluminum exterior of the Toyota Solaras antenna is designed to be resistant to rust and corrosion.
- Select the length of the whip: Choose an antenna length for your Toyota. The antennas are available in lengths of 9 to 32 inches. Longer whips are a great choice for places where radio stations are farther away from your location.
- Choose a replacement antenna, mast, or kit: Choose just a replacement antenna for your vehicle or a mast that mounts onto the front, top, or side of the Solara. If both the vehicles mast and antenna need to be replaced, there are kits available.
- Select the manufacturer: There are antennas for the Toyota Camry Solara made by IC Beamer. There are also unbranded antennas and antennas made by Toyota as the Original Equipment Manufacturer.
To replace the Toyota Camry Solaras whip antenna, unscrew the bent or damaged whip from the mast by turning it in a counterclockwise direction. If the mounting parts of the mast are not intact, you may need a universal installation kit for your Toyota vehicle. These mounting kits come with the fasteners needed to keep it in place on the Solaras hood or side wheel well. Once the mast is in place on the front of your Toyota Camry Solara, screw in the replacement whip portion. It is easier to do this when the antenna is folded or collapsed. Once the antenna is secure, extend it to its full length.