Acura RDX Antennas
Your Acura RDX antenna is your key to great radio, satellite, and even cellular reception at times. If your Acuras antenna is ready to be upgraded, you may want to replace it with a new one.What sizes of antenna are available?
There are several options available for the Acura RDX. Acura RDX antennas come in small, medium, and large, according to height. A small antenna for the RDX may only be three inches high. Another option is what is known as a shark antenna. These do not look at all like the traditional stick antennas most vehicles have. The design is somewhat triangular and barely rises above your hood. Choosing a shark antenna or a stick antenna depends on your needs and preferences. Some antenna options are telescoping and can recede into the body of the vehicle at the push of a button.Are antennas for the Acura RDX hard to replace?
Some antennas available for the Acura RDX are considered plug and play. This means you can screw off your old antenna, screw the new one in, and youre done. Other RDX antennas will require that you completely remove the antenna housing.
- Remove the plastic pieces covering the rear light bulbs. Use a flathead screwdriver to get under the plastic.
- Remove the light assembly. Two bolts hold it in place. Once the bolts are removed, you may have to pull firmly to remove the assembly. Then you will see a wire harness that can be removed by pushing down the tab.
- Remove your Acuras third brake light cover. This can be done by hand. Another wire harness is removable by pushing a pin.
- Take off the 17mm bolt. You will need to maneuver your wrench between the headliner and the roof of the RDX. It will be a snug fit. Just get the bolt loosened, and then remove the rest by hand.
- Push on the antenna from the inside. From the roof, you can now pull the antenna free.
If you often have problems with poor or spotty reception on your Acura vehicle, you may wonder if the problem lies in the antenna of your Acura RDX. A vehicles antenna can loosen over time, become cracked, or simply be replaced by better technology. If you consistently have problems with your reception, getting a new antenna on your Acura RDX is likely to solve your problems. Sometimes, a longer antenna or a style designed for remote locations can be just the upgrade you need to get the reception youre looking for.